Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Wedding Bell Blues

Well, as Davori & Steve are being married in our yard on Sept. 5th, we naturally have lots to do to get ready. It's amazing how much there is to do even for a small mostly family wedding. Pete has been breaking his back getting the yard going. He's moved sprinkler system heads, replaced broken fittings, helped me plant all the planters with plants that we HOPE will still be alive in September. (But you never know in Holbrook.) He's been feeding the lawn, and therefore the rabbit that seems to have taken up residence.

I've been spending hours on the computer looking for the best buys in wedding supplies. It is amazing to this old lady, just what you can find on the internet. I love Google!!

Pete & I hang in there, in spite of all the drama, & disaster going on in our children's and grandchildren's lives. Everyday is a new adventure in ---- "Oh, no, my cell is ringing. Who wants what now!" Does anyone else sometimes not want to answer phone calls? Or have I been trained like Pavlov's dogs or rats in a cage? Oh, well, I love them all so much, anyway!!!!!

3 comments:

Lonna said...

Well, I look at a phone as a convience for me, not for everyone else! Don't answer it. Sure, the Highway Patrol may be at your door a little later, but that might be fun! Explain to them that you just needed 1 hour to yourself. They will understand as soon as they spend 10 minutes with you and your phone has already rang 4 times!

Princess Lisa said...

Personally, I answer every phone call...no matter when, who, what, where or why. It's possible that I might have won a contest and they need an immediate response...

P.S. Now I have 'wedding bell blues' in my head.... I love you so, I always will...And though devotion rules my heart I take no bows...But Bill you're never gonna take those wedding vows....

Rae said...

I really feel neglected, and I'm beginning to think you love Davorie best! Oh, well, at least you'll have a really beautiful yard and your granddaughter will be happy, that's all that matters, even if it does break Pete's back! Well either the yard work or moving kids and grandkids all the time!
You better answer when I call!!!