Saturday, September 20, 2008

Well, here I am apart from my Pete again. But only for a few days. Rae & I are going to Holbrook on Tuesday. It looks like I'll be staying there a lot more, except for coming down for a few days every two weeks to have my nails done, as Pete is probably going to have surgery on his right knee soon.

Sometimesw in life, we stumble into the best relationships. I don't know how I was so lucky to find Pete, but everyday I am so grateful. I makes me laugh, want to pull my hair out, feel frustrated, but everytime he walks into the room, I feel my heart swell with love. And after 30 years. So I guess it's permanent, wouldn't you say?

Sometimes he makes Rae & I laugh. For instance, there's the chair thing. We recently gave our dining room table, eight big chairs, and a buffet to Marni. He brought me to the Valley, turned around the next day and drove back so he could load all the stuff in his pickup and take it to Belen, NM. Then our new table and chairs were delivered. It is a large (60 in.) round table with 4 beautiful chairs. But we knew this would not be enough. So---we picked out some at Ikea that can be stacked and put away when not needed. Well, Pete went home Friday. He didn't tell me whether or not he had put them together. You see, that's one of the fun things about Ikea - everything has to be assembled at home.) I commented to Rae that I wondered if he had put these four chairs together. She started laughing and said of course he had. So when I talked to him I asked him about it---and was told that that was one of the first things he had done after he unloaded the car, and checked out the mail. That's my Pete. You ask him to do something and he's up and on his way to do it before the words are completely out of your mouth. Obviously more husbands should be like that. Then we wives wouldn't be so frustrated. True?

4 comments:

Kimber said...

Uncle Pete is one of the good ones!

Princess Lisa said...

I think you're right. I am often frustrated. And I think it can be directly linked to the fact that my husband never puts together my furniture, he never gets the mail, he never takes me anywhere, he never really does anything for me at all. We fight about it ALL of the time, obviously.
Come to think of it...I haven't seen my husband lately...or ever...

Rae said...

Funny I'm in the same boat with Lisa now days. Bill just never does anything for me now. I'm sure glad Pete is willing to help me out and do the "Honey-dos". Your very blessed to have him, and he is blessed to have you too!

Lonna said...

Well, I guess it for sure, you better keep him!