Monday, September 29, 2008

Well, this is blue monday. Rae went home today. I always miss her so much when we are not together. But I know she needs to get to that lower altitude. (You worried me yesterday, Sis.)

We had a busy week around here. But it was great, as we got to spend a lot of time with family. We are enjoying getting to know Victoria's fiance, Rick Kilpatrick. He is so genuine about his love for her. God grant that this be as good as it seems, so that she will have some happiness in her life.

Thursday we are going to Flagstaff to get the MRI results on Pete's knee. Looks like he'll be having surgery in October. He wants to be okay by the holidays. Isn't it just the way it goes, that when I am getting a full head of steam about doing some repainting, etc., that he hurts his knee. So I guess my plans will have to wait until he's ready. Really, his knee is killing him, it's not an excuse to get out of painting! Honest!

We had such fun Saturday. Victoria & Rick came over and we watched the horse races. As this is the field that Rick is employed in, he was able to tell us a lot about the horses, jockies, and the races. It was so interesting to me. I am impressed with his fount of knowledge. Rae would have been the big winner, if we had been at the track. She picked a couple of good ones. Me, I felt like a real dumb blonde. You know, "See the pretty horses! Duh!"

2 comments:

Rae said...

Hey, you just didn't pick the right colors of the silks, or name or something silly like that. I miss you too, more than I can say. I had a great time being with you and Pete and really enjoyed the family and getting to know Rick too. I also like him, and hope all works out welll with them. I love you best!!!

Unknown said...

Hey Auntie Christine!! Hope all goes well with Uncle Pete's knee.